There are many theories out there about how to increase your psychic ability. One of the most important things to understand is that we all have intuition. And we are all connected. But we all are not what we would call “psychic.” Lately, what we call “psychic” has become very broad and general in its definition.
What is Psychic Ability?
Sometimes we think that just because a person can validate information that we already know, that this makes them a “psychic.” This is not true. Being able to intuit what is already there, what already exists in a person’s life, is not necessarily psychic ability. It could be the gift of telepathy. It could be the gift of empathy. It could be simply innate intuition or what we might call “clairsentience.” And it could be just that person’s ability to “read between the lines” and tell you what they think you want to hear based on whatever situation you are calling about. In a nutshell, psychic ability is the ability to know things that one could not possibly know or have known by any other ordinary means. And it is the ability to make accurate predictions about future events.
Real psychic gifts tend to show up very early in a person’s life. These mostly present themselves as an ability to predict events before they happen or a knowingness about what will happen in a situation. Sometimes these present as visions or “movies” or a set of images that are shown to the psychic in their mind’s eye. Other times the psychic will be able to hear clear and distinct voices giving specific messages. It’s important to understand that if you aren’t “psychic” there is no way to “get” psychic. But can we increase our intuition and our connectedness to Spirit? Absolutely. And we should!
Our natural gifts are like any other muscle in our body. The more we use them, the more they develop. One of the best ways to increase our natural gifts is to learn to meditate. Meditation has many benefits, but one of them is being able to more clearly hear our “guidance.” We didn’t arrive here on Earth without a map and a compass. We all have spirit guides and guardian angels. And those are ever present, guiding us and surrounding us with love and protection. But if we can’t quiet the chatter of our mind, it’s unlikely that we will be able to hear our guidance through the noise. So meditation is first and foremost the best way to begin connecting to our guides and angels.
There are many ways to learn to meditate. For beginners, who often have the most trouble quieting the mind chatter, we recommend a guided meditation CDs. This is the easiest way to allow yourself to go into a quiet state of being and being able to hear your spirit guides and angels. For all:
* Breathing is the first step in quieting the mind. Deep pranic nostril breathing is an excellent technique to start the process. If you can’t do that, simple deep and rhythmic breathing in through the nose and out through the mouth works nicely as well.
* Focus for about ten minutes ONLY on your breathing.
* Visualize yourself in a peaceful environment, free of all stress and strain.
* Allow yourself to detach from your thoughts and thought processes.
* Open to receive guidance.
With practice, you will be able to clearly hear, see, feel, or know what is being communicated to you from the other realms. Try not to judge it with your linear mind. It is quite helpful to keep a journal of what comes through to you so that you can refer back to it later as a road map of sorts for your spiritual journey.
- In Support of Psychics -
- A Spiritual Observation of Where Kobe Bryant and Gianna Are Now -
- Aura Color Meanings -
- Reclaiming Your Personal Power -
- My First Spiritual Awakening and Experience of Oneness -
- How Psychics Use Crystal Balls -
- The 4 Core Numerological Numbers Revealed -
- Be Clear and Say What’s Involved -
- A Simple Spread for Tarot Card Beginners -
- Why Bad Things Happen To Good People -