I have found that sometimes, religion can be way too absolutist. It’s one of the major reasons I’m not much involved in organized practices anymore. Don’t get me wrong–I haven’t slammed the door completely. I’m still a progressive New Thought minister, after all.
Still, there has to be a better way, a more gentle and compelling way to meet and relate to the cosmos and it’s Creative Source.*
Perhaps if we dump the Ultimate Truth idea, the doctrines that say they KNOW, and subscribe to the idea that we DON’T really know much of anything, we can make a little headway.
With that, I offer you the Three M’s of Spirit:
- Mystery: That which can be defined is limited by its definition. Mystery, then, is not a definition, but the lack of one. Spirit remains mysterious, yet can be experienced. A spiritually progressive approach embraces the Mystery and allows it to reveal what it reveals. No judgment, no harshness. “The most powerful emotion we can experience is the mystical. It is the power of all true art and science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer wonder and stand rapt with awe, is as good as dead.” Albert Einstein
- Morality: There is no inherent morality in the world. We create it. The simplest, yet the most profound reality is, simply, do no harm, help where you can. As St. Augustine wrote, “Decide to love and do as you like.”
- Manifestation: All is energy; we create through affirmative prayer (rather than from a sense of ‘unworthy sinner’ status), through meditation, through connection, through choice and commitment, through word, through thought, and especially through gratitude. Plato wrote, “A grateful mind is a great mind, which eventually attracts to itself great things.”
The spiritually progressive principles are simple. And they can change your life, if you so desire.However, if you wish or choose to remain within the bondage of organized religion, strict adherence to Scripture or catechism, authorities other than yourself, you’re always free to do so. Which, in itself, sounds like an oxymoron: Free to be in bondage.
No matter your choice, much love and blessings to you on this journey.
“Consider the duck. It encounters the air, water, and soil. It benefits from each, is hindered by none, harms nothing. They are cute, too. Be a duck.” (Old Slovakian saying)
*My more scientific leaning friends are often baffled by the concept of ‘Something arising from nothing,’ a theory put forth by experts such as Stephen Hawking. The theory states that it’s quite feasible that everything in the cosmos simply emerged from nothing. Where did it emerge? Nowhere. Into what did it emerge? No space. No time. Emergence brought all that with it.
Now I’ve read the Creation Story in Genesis. Not very scientific. Unbelievable, actually. But it makes as much sense as the Random Emergence theory.
Just my opinion, of course.
- Cheap Psychic – Must Knows Before Paying -
- Cheap Psychic Readings: Avoid Scams Use Trusted Sites -
- How to Understand Your Dreams and the Hidden Messages They Convey -
- Relax, Relate, Meditate -
- How to Get the Most From Your Psychic Reading -
- Increase Your Psychic Powers With These 3 Techniques -
- Analysis of a Dream – How to Decode Your Dreams -
- Understanding The Idea Of Spiritual Growth -
- Spiritual Meditation -
- Spiritual Guide: Our Guardian Angels -